Tuesday, July 9, 2013

One month

Well, I failed to update this weekly as intended! Elliana is one month old already (EEK!).  We set our goals for each day as: getting ready for the day (including eating meals) and doing one errand or outing.  I list out a few thing I need to clean or accomplish around the house, and usually get to half of them.  Sometimes nothing gets done! ...
In this past month we have:
-introduced the pacifier at 3 weeks old. Worked great the first time to get her to calm down, but then she kept spitting it out and wouldn't take it.  We kept giving it to her and it was hit and miss, but now for the most part she loves it and it really helps to keep her calm!
-she officially outgrew her newborn onesies on July 07. She still fits into some of the newborn outfits, but most of them are too short for her.  They still fit her chest and skinny arms, but we can no longer snap them at the bottom.  I was depressed when that happened!
-she is still waking up every 2 - 4 hours at night. One night she slept 5.5 hours, which was AMAZING, except I woke up freaked out wondering why she hadn't woke yet! I ended up waking her up to feed.  Crazy me. Feed or pump, those are my options, so it means I have to be up anyway....
-I am now proficient in the strollers, car seats, and Ergo Baby contraptions and can get myself around with her without any help from Josh.  We made a solo outing to the grocery store (it was a pain, but we did it!), and we frequently walk to Fro Yo, Starbucks, or Zanotto's Family Market.
-She had her baby check up on June 24th; she surpassed her birth weight and weighed in at 7 lbs 15 oz.
-We've had lots of visitors! All of my mom's seven sisters have visited, we just haven't yet seen her brother and his wife and family.  Her great grandma and great grandpa (my grandparents) have met her.  She has had two visits from her grandpa (my dad), but hasn't yet met any of my dad's side of the family.  Josh's family has visited her, and we made our first long outing to Morgan Hill for lunch with Josh's mom. We plan to go again this Saturday. She hasn't yet met her grandpa Brad (Josh's dad), but she has seen him on Skype! We look forward to him visiting later this month. All of my close friends have visited, and Josh's friend Paul came over to visit.
-Her umbilical cord mostly fell out, but there is still some left in there, so we are still doing sponge baths.
Lots of staring, cuddling and changing diapers happening here!  Very much obsessed and in love with this little one!  On the to-do list since before she was born is to find child care.... I'm procrastinating because it is the LAST thing I want to think about.  So far, no luck.  I've only called one place. Yikes!




Bath time!



4th of July




 
In her car seat on her way to visit her great grandparents

In the Ergo baby carrier! Love it! 

Our first far walk solo.  :)



Father's day. Elliana met her grandpa for the first time.

Fathers day - meeting her grandpa for the first time.

Top Left: Great Aunt Rachael with Ellie and Great Grandpa. Top Right: cousin (2nd) Astrid with Ellie. Bottom Left: Great Aunt Sara (Astrid's mom) with Elle. Bottom Right: Great Grandpa with Elle.

Fro Yo outing, squeezing into my daisy dukes. 

Fascinated by how a baby fits in a belly... I think about this on a daily basis.  

Superbaby!

Great Grandpa with Elliana

4th of July Block Party - 3 newborn girls on the block.  This is Shannon with her baby Halina, Hali for short. We're just missing Paula and her baby Fiona.  

One month old!!! 



Happy with her pacifier!
One month - newborn onesies no longer fit!!!   :(

No comments:

Post a Comment