Sunday, June 2, 2013

39 Weeks

After being on Maternity leave for my first week, Josh and I decided to take a day trip to Monterey this weekend.  We figured we should do some 'stuff' before the baby comes.  I really wanted a breakfast buffet! We had stayed at the Portola Plaza a couple years back, and thought that may be a good breakfast spot.  We drove up early morning on Saturday and made it there by 9:30 am.  No traffic, easy to find parking... and it was going to be a HOT day in San Jose, so we were lucky to have weather in the high 60's in Monterey (it made it in the 90's in San Jose that day! eek!).  The weather was beautiful. The sun was nice with a cool ocean breeze.  I got: french toast, oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon, yogurt parfait with granola, fruit and hot chocolate... Josh got all the opposites: potatoes, bacon, sausage and a 'make your own' omelet. It was a LOT of food!!!  So worth it. We went for a walk down the wharf after, watched the sea lions, and then down a walking trail to the beach.  Josh snapped a bunch of 'bump' pictures, for which I am so grateful! I'm happy to be able to capture this time on camera!  It is crazy to look back at my former self and see how much the belly grows to accommodate a life! So amazing.  We can't wait to meet her!


























No comments:

Post a Comment